As part of your M.O.D. (Master of Deduction) Squad training, we’ll acquaint you with the basic elements of any mystery in this lively discussion. You may even get to create a challenging mystery of your own!
Through The Mystery Shop’s hands-on, interactive workshops, participants will:
- Learn and recognize essential elements of any mystery-type situation
- Improve interpersonal skills through group discussions and working in teams
- Investigate the facts of a problem and propose solutions based on the evidence
- Enhance writing skills and creative thinking through the team-creation of an original mystery story or play
- Observe that crime does not pay!
Ages: Can be adapted to any age – 9 through 90! Challenging for adults yet accessible enough for children (fourth grade and up).
Sessions: Three different options are available for total flexibility:
- Number of sessions: 1 (two hours total)
A general overview of the “deadly” elements of a mystery: crime, setting, suspect/criminal, evidence/clues, protagonist, suspense, solution. Using this knowledge, participants will solve baffling cases!
- Number of sessions: 4 (two hours each; eight hours total)
In-depth discussions about specific elements of a mystery – with cases that relate to each element.
- Number of sessions: 8 (two hours each; sixteen hours total)
Take all the information you learned in the first four sessions, add a bit of imagination and create your own original mystery!